Sales & Commercial Director
As Sales/Commercial Director, you will be responsible for creating and delivering the sales and marketing strategy for the Barrettine Environmental Health Division, its product range and designated markets.
Reporting directly to the Group Managing Director, you will play a fundamental role in developing future growth, and provide vision, direction and leadership. Your specific duties will include:
- Developing strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets.
- Delivering sales by developing relationships with our existing key customers as well as new potential customers
- Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
- Navigate the Business through ever changing industry regulation & legislation.
- Acting as an ambassador and role model for the Business.
- Taking responsibility for your Divisions profit and loss. Achieving targets for revenue, profitability and sales growth.
- Increasing market share in existing markets and maximize new business development opportunities.
- Manage and provide direction for your colleagues and the Division.
- Report your Divisions performance to the Group Board of Directors.
Hours and Environment
Contractual hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4.30pm Fridays. However, your duties are likely to involve a lot of out of hours activity.
You'll be home/office-based, but also spend much of your time visiting clients, customers and possibly suppliers. You may also need to attend conferences, trade fairs and exhibitions. Your job will involve travel in both the UK and abroad.
Skills and Interests
To successfully carry out the position of Sales/Commercial Director you'll need to have/obtain the following skills:
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Good business sense
- Sound general/technical knowledge of Pest Control procedures, allied products & services (whilst not necessarily essential, certainly an advantage)
- The ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and 'people skills' Good planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills
- A full driving license.
Qualifications & Training
You'll need to have proven Management experience, together with a good record of achieving targets. It is usual for the candidate to have a business-related BTEC HND or degree, but your experience and track record are usually considered more important than your formal qualifications.
A sound general/technical knowledge of Pest Control procedures, allied products & services whilst not necessarily essential, will certainly be an advantage.
As Sales/Commercial Director, you'll be expected to have good sales and management skills already, together with appropriate qualifications. We as your employer will provide training for products and in-house sales administration systems.
In return the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and exciting long-term career prospects. (Salary based on experience)
Salary Package would also include; Company Car, Bonus/Commission scheme, Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Care.
Please send applications enclosing C.V’s to: Mr. Steven Bailey. Managing Director.
Barrettine Group. St Ivel Way, Warmley, Bristol. BS30 8TY.
Tel: 01179 600060. Fax: 01179 614122. E-mail email@example.com