Safe Use of Biocides
Course Dates, Information & Locations
This one day course is an update and refresher around the safe use of biocides – incorporating updates in product labels.
It's aimed at existing pest control operators looking to update their knowledge and understanding of recent changes in legislation and operational codes of practice and in accordance with new UK CRRU codes and a focus on Second Generation Anticoagulants Rodenticides (SGARs) use.
Whilst caution must be taken during application, it is essential that they are also handled, applied and stored correctly. This course will also update knowledge of health and safety legislation enabling safe working practices.
Changes around product application (labels) are being implemented and ‘traditional usage’ attitudes need to be adapted into developing best practice considerations. Especially considering the continual and persistent use of anti-coagulant baits (often as monitors); impact on wildlife; monitoring and evidence of pest and non-target and assurance due diligence.
- To develop monitoring and pest management strategies.
- How to work through pest control strategies by understanding the control risk hierarchy to ensure best practice is consistently being adhered to.
- How to incorporate an Integrated Pest Management Strategy.
- How to keep to Standard Industry Procedures of Safe storage, transport and managing waste/disposal record Keeping and Due Diligence.
- Identify legislation relevant to pesticide application.
- Interpret and use product label guidance.
- Storage & transportation of pesticides safely.
- Waste management.
- Records and recording treatments.
The course finishes with an examination at the end of the days training.
Course: £95.00 + VAT PP
Dates & Locations
Wednesday 6th June
The Players Golf Club
Codrington, Chipping Sodbury, Bristol BS37 6RZ
Please contact us for group sessions to organise course dates and locations.
Please be aware that due to tight regulatory requirements, the assessment certification and results can take up to 6 weeks to process dependent on the examining body. Please factor this into account when booking your course.