Terms & Conditions
Barrettine Environmental Health (BEH) is a trading division of J.V Barrett & Co Ltd
The term ‘’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is:
St Ivel Way,
Our company registration number is: 1225448
(Looking for Competition Terms & Conditions? If any are running you will find all details here.)
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice;
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law;
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements;
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions;
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website;
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence;
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s); and
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
SALES TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All products are offered for sale subject to our standard conditions of sale. Full terms and conditions are available on request.
2. All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT and are subject to alteration without notice.
3. We would especially draw you attention to the following standard conditions: Nett Cash Monthly to Approved Accounts. Carriage is paid on orders of £245 or more for standard next day delivery, unless otherwise specified. For orders of a lesser value a small surcharge of £7.95 per invoice will be raised to meet cost of processing small orders. Carriage is charged at cost to deliveries off the mainland such as offshore islands.
4. Notification of non-delivery must be made in writing within seven days from the date of despatch of the goods or else claims cannot be entertained.
5. Barrettine cannot take responsibility for any associated costs arising from delivery issues (such as late or failed delivery), or delivery of wrong items and neither Barrettine, nor our courier company take any responsibility if the clients request we leave goods unsigned.
6. Whilst we make every effort in packing your order, there are rare occasions where packages will incur damage during transit. To ensure your order is received complete and undamaged, we strongly recommend the following:
- Verify the number of packages delivered matches with the packing slip provided by the courier.
- Inspect the entire consignment thoroughly for visible damage prior to accepting it, and note any damage on the courier’s delivery note/proof of delivery before the delivery person leaves. Alternatively refuse delivery entirely. Please do not write “unchecked” or similar terminology, as this is not an acceptable way of not being able to check goods immediately, and this still constitutes acceptance of the consignment in good condition - therefore voiding any claim for damaged goods.
- Unpack your order immediately and inspect for hidden or concealed damage.
- Should any damage be found at this point, please keep all packaging, and where possible take photographs of the damage.
- If you have asked for packages to be left by the courier at unattended locations, this will constitute acceptance of the consignment in good condition.
Hidden or concealed damage must be reported within 24 hours after delivery, after which no claims for damage will be accepted.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF SALE
Poisons - These products are subject to the Poisons Rules and can only be supplied to authorised purchasers against a signed official order stating the purpose of which it is to be used. Please note: These items cannot normally be supplied on a next day delivery.
Pesticides - All pesticides listed are approved by ministers under the Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986 and the Control of Pesticides Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1987. Control of Pesticides - superceeded by the European Biocides Directive where appropriate.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) in the United Kingdom is responsible for administering the Control of Pesticides Regulations (COPR) regulatory scheme in relation to non-agricultural pesticides and is also responsible for regulating biocides in the UK. The Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986 (COPR) (as amended 1997) with products controlled under COPR are gradually moving over to be regulated under the Biocidal Product Register (BPR), with COPR eventually becoming redundant. In addition to the COPR and the BPR, Article 95 of EU BPR (as amended) introduces an approved active substance supplier list. Article 95 of EU BPR applies to all products that are approved under the Control of Pesticides Regulations (COPR). Article 95 (2) of EU BPR (as amended) states “As of 1 September 2015, a biocidal product consisting of, containing or generating a relevant substance, included in the list referred to in paragraph 1, shall not be made available on the market unless either the substance supplier or the product supplier is included in the list referred to in paragraph 1 for the product-type(s) to which the product belongs.”
THE HSE DEFINITIONS:
- Amateur - means that the product can be used by the general public;
- Professional - means that the product can only be used by people who are required to use pesticides as part of their work and who have received appropriate information, instruction and training;
- Industrial - means that the product is a wood preservative/treatment that can only be used for industrial pre-treatment of wood by operatives who have received appropriate information, instruction and training.